Position / target summary
The International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) is seeking an experienced Fundraising and Digital Marketing Manager to lead our digital marketing team in Europe and the UK (UK will be included in Europe in the future shortly) . This is an incredible opportunity to manage a growing and global digital marketing and fundraising program at a prestigious global animal welfare and conservation organization, reaching millions of supporters and advocates around the world.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of digital marketing, procurement, and fundraising and the tools necessary to support these efforts. The Manager provides direction and support for the crucial aspects of digital fund raising and acquisition in the region, including strategy, planning, execution, messaging, creative development, analysis and optimization.
The ideal candidate will be a performance marketer with a proven track record of optimizing sophisticated global campaigns for multiple regions and audiences in a dynamic environment. This role will manage four key markets: the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany and France, and will potentially expand to more countries in the coming years.
The Digital Marketing and Fundraising Manager manages the digital marketing officers in the country and reports to the global director of digital marketing and fundraising based in the US with a dotted line to the regional director. IFAW has offices in the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, France and Germany and this function can be based near any of those locations.
Role and responsibilities
The digital marketing and fundraising manager oversees IFAW’s digital marketing and fundraising strategy and execution in the European region, focusing on the main areas below with the aim of meeting and exceeding fundraising targets and acquisition:
- Digital fundraising: Together and in collaboration with the global digital marketing team in the US And based on the established global strategy and framework, leads the execution of the digital fundraising program in the four countries with the goal of achieving regional fundraising goals:
- In close collaboration with the global team and digital officers in the country, he participates in the development and planning of the global strategy and manages the execution of the email marketing program.
- Collaborate with global and local leaders to determine regional priorities and messaging.
- Write unique regional campaigns as needed and relevant.
- Monitor performance and analyze email and digital metrics to report key fundraising metrics and ROI.
- Collaborates with the director to establish regional annual work plans, KPIs and growth targets, track and forecast revenue and lead targets; establish regional budgets and performance metrics
- Streamline, monitor and optimize GDPR requirements
- Digital Advertising and Acquisition: Plays a critical role in leading and executing social payment, search and display strategy, driving high-performance initiatives to improve the return on our marketing investment and increase leads and revenue from paid digital campaigns.
- It works with the digital advertising agency and digital officials in the country to develop creative and digital advertising strategies and campaigns with the aim of optimizing performance, diversifying channels and achieving regional fundraising and fundraising goals.
- Identify themes, topics, and tactics for powerful ad and acquisition campaigns.
- Manages the digital advertising agency and any third-party digital marketing partners in the region.
- They collaborate with global and local procurement teams that share performance and creativity insights, but also use their local expertise to make campaigns even more effective.
- Oversee and manage campaign optimization, as well as aggressively testing and experimenting to find winning strategies and tactics across regions.
- Manage advertising and acquisitions budgets and KPI’s.
- Social media and website management
- In collaboration with the global social media team and officials in the country, she coordinates global social media campaigns and helps identify unique regional content.
- Monitor performance and support officers in the country to achieve social media performance metrics.
- Ensures website content is up-to-date and supports efforts to achieve regional key web performance metrics.
Qualifications and education requirements
- The ideal candidate will be a data-driven, creative, highly analytical entrepreneur who is adept at building strategic relationships at all levels of the organization. This is someone who likes to hypothesize, develop test plans, and iterate based on data-driven insights.
- Minimum more than 7 years of practical experience in digital marketing.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing fundamentals and knowledge of how digital marketing and fundraising channels complement each other.
- Proven track record in directing large-scale digital ad campaigns including strategy development, budgeting, audience selection, testing and optimization of paid campaigns on social media, search, and display advertising
- Ability to analyze / synthesize complex data (eg acquisition costs, LTV) and use it to develop strategic initiatives; understanding of funnels, attribution models, analytics, and other reporting tools.
- Direct experience working with donors and establishing programs that span all phases of online engagement, from acquisition and conversion to retention.
- Experience using industry leading tools and platforms such as SalesForce, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, etc.
- You are comfortable working with operations and program teams to identify fundraising and engagement opportunities, and produce effective campaigns and creatives.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly collaborative and skilled manager capable of collaborating with an international multicultural team to meet demanding deadlines and fundraising goals while managing projects through external vendors and internal staff.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills; effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly.
- Bachelor of Business or Marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Fluency in English; fluency in French, German or Dutch is a bonus.
- Some national and international travel is required.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will change from time to time to meet the needs of the department and our company.
At IFAW, our goal is to create and nurture a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse global community in which we work to improve the lives of animals and people. We are dedicated to fostering fairness, equity, diversity and inclusion, which is why we actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds.
To apply, fill out an application at https://www.ifaw.org/eu/careers